Saturday, October 31, 2015


As October comes to a close, I felt it was necessary to share a bit about what this month has been like for me. Life became a checklist of tasks, events, and projects. Which is to be expected with another semester already half way complete, but the tasks themselves—the events, the projects—have been unexpected. I am taking on a lot more than I ever knew I could, and I'm actually doing well! I'm finding new directions my life could go, exploring new areas in writing I didn't know intrigued me, and revisiting the old to make something new.

Life was hard for a while (and always will be to some extent). I have classes and people that are stressing me out and overwhelming me with to-dos. But I am capable of handling it all. I am strong enough to handle whatever life throws my way. I am brave enough to try something new; to take on tasks I'm unfamiliar with. I am confident enough to find a job that makes me happy rather than a job that pays well quickly. Happiness pays off in the long run. I am passionate enough to to use my time in a way that will add value to not only my day but someone else's, too. I just need to remember all that sometimes.

Life is also a constant trip on a Tilt-A-Whirl. I'll be going one way with a piece I'm working on, then I'm whipped in the opposite direction. I'm spinning in circles around different blog posts I want to write and projects I want to work on. I slide back and forth between being miserably stressed and surprisingly happy. It can get stressful and irritating at times, but I also kind of like it because I'm being more creative than I ever have been. I'm more willing to try new things (well, to a point...let's not get too far out of the comfort zone just yet).

I also want to extend an apology to all who keep up with me on Twitter and Facebook. I haven't had the time or focus to be social lately. Life has been hectic. Schoolwork comes first followed by work, quality time with loved ones, blog posts, then social media. But don't think I've forgotten about you! I still love and miss joining in on chats regularly, reading other blog posts, commenting, and being a part of the blogging community. Once the semester ends, I'll have some time again to be actively social. I know fellow bloggers understand the craziness of keeping up with all blogging entails, but I still feel bad!

Now don't get me wrong. Life hasn't been all stress and exhaustion. There has been some good things as well! For starters, I turned 22 two weeks ago! Birthdays are always reason to celebrate, right? The week of my birthday I also celebrate five other birthdays in my family. It's a big ol' birthday bash! Also, I was lucky enough to celebrate my one year anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend. I wrote about him in a previous post, "James." I am the luckiest girl alive to be loved by this man. October has always been a celebratory month for me, which is why it's basically my favorite month (:

So that's my life lately. How are all of you doing?







post signature

No comments: