Saturday, September 5, 2015

New School Year Goals


It's September! That means it's the start of a new school year, and I am beyond excited for it! Not only are my classes going to be great, but so will my new roommate and most importantly so will I.

A new school year is a great time to start some new goals and become the best version of myself that I have been so far. So, here are some of my goals for this school year:

Me last year.
I'm not that flexible anymore.
Gotta fix that!
1. Exercise regularly
My roommate and I have the same first class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. So, she and I will be waking up early and doing some morning yoga before we get ready for the day. We also will be doing push-ups and tricep push-ups before bed. On Wednesdays and Saturdays--when the weather stops being unbearably hot-- I will be going for walks and in the winter going to the gym for some cardio. I think that will be a sufficient start to getting myself back in shape and confident with my body.

2. Eat healthier
This is a struggle since the campus food isn't always the healthiest. Only one place that I enjoy eating at has healthy-ish options so I will be doing my best to stick with those options at lunch and dinner. I usually have breakfast in my room and that's typically a bagel, cereal, or a granola bar. If I'm eating healthier, it'll help me feel less sluggish and actually willing to exercise. Right?

3. Keep up with my blog
Last school year things got crazy, and I let My Gibberish fall through the cracks. Not this year! I will maintain my blog even if life gets a tad overwhelming. Unless I actually need a break to catch my bearings, of course. I don't think any life changing event will be happening this year so I should be able to keep up. Then again, I didn't expect it to last year either, so...

4. Laugh more
My beautiful cousin and I at her wedding.
Naturally, we were laughing so hard we snorted.

This is one of my biggest goals. And my favorite! I want to be even happier than I was last school year. I want to enjoy life and make the most out of it. I want to go to bed each night knowing I laughed that day. Laughing is the best medicine, is it not? So, I will begin each day knowing it's a new day. I will go to class with an open mind and let things happen as they happen. I will do my best to not let myself get upset as easily--this will be difficult because of the way I'm wired, but I'm working on it. I want to laugh more, and I want to enjoy life more.

So, to anyone who reads this that I talk to on a regular basis or sees me around campus, help keep me accountable, please. I will be crazy busy all the time, but that's the way I like it. I am ready, I am stoked, and I am going to be an even better version of myself. So, here's to a new school year and an even happier me!


Until next time,
Kay




No comments: