Saturday, August 15, 2015

Personal Story: First Memory

Hey folks! Welcome back to the Personal Story series. This will be a quick story about my very first memory (at least I think it is...).

I was four years old, and it was around Christmas time. My mom took me to the mall one day to get my ears pierced. We went into Claire's to pick out what earrings to use, and the lady grabbed the piercing gun. Little me wasn't all that scared. I didn't really know what was going to happen; I just knew I would have pretty ears!

Note: Top piercing is only the cartilage.
I use regular dangling earrings there.
The lady shot the first earring in my left ear. Not bad! It didn't really hurt at all. I just could feel my ear getting really warm and red. Then came the next ear. She shot it in, and that one actually hurt! I started tearing up, but I got to hold the teddy bear so it was okay. Pretty soon afterwards, it didn't hurt anymore.

When we were leaving the mall, I really wanted to see Santa because his "house" was right outside the Claire's store! He was right there! But, Mom said we couldn't and that we had to leave right away. I was sad, but I forgot about it pretty soon. I had pretty ears now!

Looking back on it, it's not much of a first memory, but it is still pretty cool to remember that far back in time.

Fun fact about my first ear piercing. The lady who pierced it was a little careless on my right ear. The hole is pretty far down on my lobe, and if I wear earrings for too long, I'm sure my lobe will split. It's not that it will rip instantly, though! It will gradually grow that way. It's already happening! So, I can't wear heavy earrings for too long in a night, and I can't wear regular earrings for too many days in a row.

The struggle is real.

So, that's my little story about myself. Maybe you learned something new about me. Maybe you didn't. Who knows?

I'd love to hear your first memories! Please share with me! (:


Until next time,
Kay

2 comments:

Leslie Lim said...


Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


Rica
www.imarksweb.org

Kay said...

Thank you Rica! I'm sorry I didn't see your comment until now. I forget to check my comments sometimes, since I don't get a whole lot of them. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my post!

Kay