Friday, August 7, 2015

Liebster Award!

Hi folks! We're going to take a little break from the "Personal Story" series to bring you something a little different.

I was nominated by my new blogging friend and inspiration Molli Whitehead to do the Liebster award! What this is is that I will answer questions she has asked me, then I will nominate other bloggers in this wonderful community to answer some of my own questions! 

Welp, here goes!
 

1. If you could be any other blogger for a day, who would you be and why?

If I could be any blogger for a day, I would want to be Kelle Hampton because she focuses on the small, simple joys in life that make her struggles worth pushing through. That is something I love. Simplicity. Kelle seems to have that with her beautiful family. Keep it up!
 

2. What is your dream job?

My dream job is a bunch of different things. I am going to school for professional writing and creative writing. I want to become a publisher of young adult literature, but I also want to be a poet. I want to create collections of my poems, flash fictions, and short stories like some of my favorite authors/poets. I want to work at a poetry publishing company because that would mean getting paid to read poetry and creating a book for those poems to live in forever. I want to be a blogger on the side of what I do, so I can continue to write about my experiences and share my ways of handling it all with the world who needs to hear some truth and some positivity. I want to be a wife to the man I love most. I want to create a home with so much love anyone who comes in it is immediately a part of the family. My dream job would be a job that doesn't feel like a job. Too much? Sorry! Guess you could say I have a lot of dream jobs. More that weren't even listed because it could be a post in itself. Maybe I'll come back to that in a future post (:

3. Do you make life plans or are you more of a "live in the moment" kind of person?

I am a life-planner all the way. I don't find much of a point in doing something that isn't helping me get to some, if not all, of the dream jobs I listed above. I am determined to make a life for myself that no one expected I'd be able to accomplish. I want to plan and achieve a life that I have dreamed of. Living in the moment is good for little day-to-day things. So, if I have nothing to do for a day, then making spontaneous plans with a friend for the day is perfectly fine by me! It's the not thinking about the future and where I'm headed that I can't go without doing. It's programmed into my brain.


4. Apple or Android?

Apple. I see nothing wrong with Android, but I have had an iPod for as long as I could remember and I just got my first iPhone about a year and a half ago. Love it! Sorry Android lovers :P
  
5. If you could pick anywhere to live in the world, where would it be and why?

Ireland!! Anyone who knows me knows that I have wanted to go to Ireland since I saw my first picture of it. It's gorgeous. Green, open fields where I can sit and write, the scenery is breathtaking, the temperature is perfect for a pale girl like myself who doesn't do heat, and let's be honest, I'd fit right in! Minus the American accent of course. I also love the music and the dancing they have. I even started to learn some Gaelic when I was planning on studying abroad there this coming school year. But with my mom's passing and all that is going on in life now, I just can't see being away from home for a semester or more. Maybe in the future I will with grad school. Or a few weeks over a summer? Who knows. But I WILL go to Ireland at some point in my lifetime!

6. Would you rather wake up every day for the rest of your life with perfect make-up or perfect hair?

That's a no brainer, perfect hair. I can live with my face being as pale and colorless as it is. But my hair bugs the crap out of me! If it looks greasy, way too frizzy, awkwardly flat, or just doesn't cooperate, I will put it up in a ponytail. That's not how I want my hair to be for the rest of my life. I love when my hair curls nicely or straightens perfectly or even looks half-way decent naturally.  I can get used to not wearing makeup. So, perfect hair!

Note: Picture to the left is an old picture of my hair before I donated it January of 2014. It's almost back to that length (picture on the right). I don't really have any great pictures of my hair as it is now, so here's a recent Snapchat I took :P


7. If you could play any instrument perfectly, what would it be?

Well, I already know how to play the violin, piano, and vocal chords--yes, I count them as an instrument--but if I could learn to play something perfectly? I would choose all of the instruments. I want to learn to play guitar. If I could play the violin better, I'd love that. I could play along with some of my favorite Celtic songs! If I could play piano perfectly, I would be super happy. I would have endless nights of music therapy sessions by myself! If I could play the drums, that'd be pretty neat. Any instrument. You name it and I wish I could play it better. Harmonica. Trumpet. Xylophone. Hell, if I could play a recorder better I'd be happy!

8. What is your favorite season?

Fall and Spring! I love temperatures where I can get away with wearing jeans and a t-shirt or a sweatshirt. Give me that weather 24/7 and I'm super content with life! I'm not too sweaty, I'm not too cold, it's perfect! I'm too pale to enjoy summer, and I'm too small to enjoy winter. So, give me the other two seasons year-round and you've got yourself a winner.

9. If you could have one superpower, what would that be?

If I could have one superpower, it would be...teleportation. I have family all over this country, and the world, that I would love to see whenever I wanted. But gas money and a vehicle that would get me there is a bit of an obstacle. For example, I couldn't be at my godson's first birthday party. If I could have just teleported up there for the day, be with him and my best friend, then come home in time to greet my man when he got home from work, holy cats would that have been great! I have siblings all over the place that I'd love to see whenever things get rough. I could teleport to wherever in the world my oldest brother is stationed; I could go down south to see my older brother; I could go visit my sister and grab a drink; I could go back to my hometown to see my seven and two year old brothers as they grow up. I could see all of my wonderful grandparents so much more than I do now! I could visit any family I wanted, whenever I wanted. I could even go out to Colorado to visit one of my best friends that I haven't seen in forever...the options are endless! 


10. Pick one song that is the anthem to your life.

The anthem to my life? I can't just pick one! I'm a music nerd...you can't limit us to just one. But if I had to choose one, it would be Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks. Don't judge! I don't care what they said about the president way back when, their songs are fantastic and I love them. This song was the first I ever learned to sing by heart. I was five years old, and I was singing along with Mom in her living room. I eventually started singing it just walking around the house. Oddly enough, it sort of started to guide me in life. It helped me realize just how much I needed some "wide open spaces" to "make [my] own mistakes." If you listen to this song, it's almost word-for-word the anthem to my life (:


Thanks for the nomination Molli! This was fun! I nominate three of the blogs I enjoy reading:

The Young Hopeful 

Simple Harmonies 

Camille Styles 

I also nominate any other person who wants to answer my questions! I'd love to hear from you!

Here are my questions for you:



1. When, why, and how did you choose to start your blog?
2. What is your guilty pleasure music (song/artist/genre/etc)? Why?
3.  If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be and why?
4. Who would play you in a movie? Does this person look most like you? Act like you? Sound like you? Or do they just usually play a role most similar to you? 
5. Would you rather live without running water or the internet?
6. What is your ultimate goal in life?
7. How do you overcome your writer's block?
8. What is your favorite color and why does it stand out to you over the others?
9. If you could talk to any person in the world (living or dead) who would it be? What would you say?
10. Who was your first blogging friend?


I look forward to reading them soon! 


Until next time,
Kay

2 comments:

Rebecca Gregoire said...

I am completely on board with the Ireland thing! My husband is part Irish, as am I, and we've decided that for our five-year anniversary we're going to go to that beautiful green island for a few weeks!

Love your answers! :) Congrats on being nominated!

Rebecca Lindenbach
Life as a Dare

Kay said...

Thank you Rebecca! That sounds like it will be a wonderful 5th anniversary! Congrats on that (:

Kay