Thursday, June 11, 2015

Melody

I would like to introduce you to another wonderful person in my life; let's call her Melody. Which is perfect because that's sort of how we met. Two years ago, in choir, Melody came into my life. I say "sort of how we met" because she and I are altos, and let's be honest altos rarely get the melody. It was our love and dedication to music that she and I became close. We sat next to each other every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in choir and shared everything from music to stories of our love lives. Now, she and I are a part of an A Capella group formed by a group of our other music friends.

It's not only music she and I share. We're both in the National Society of Leadership and Success, and we will have a couple classes together next semester. More importantly, we have an equal love of books. She and I could talk about our favorite books forever. Right now we're reading the same trilogy (even though she's way ahead of me) so we can talk about it eventually. That's something I have always wanted to do with a best friend!

As time went on and life got more difficult, our friendship became stronger. We were there for each other through anything that came our way. It was last December (2014) at the Holiday Gala for choir that we decided to become roommates. We both had reasons why we had no other living options, and we had never really thought about living together. Which I still don't know why we didn't, we will literally be the perfect roommates! 

I am beyond excited to become her roommate. Melody is such a naturally beautiful person inside and out. She loves herself as she is and isn't ashamed of any part of her. She has a wonderful singing voice and a personality to match. Melody is one of the sassiest girls I have ever met. If she says something snippy to someone, she never means it and will laugh about it right away. She can make herself laugh a thousand times a day, and that's something I wish I could do. Most importantly, she understands me as I am. She supports me in all I do and is always willing to help me out in anyway possible. She is one of the best friends a girl could have.

I admire her brains, strength, big heart, bubbly personality, and unfailing friendship. I hope I am/can become half the person she is. Love you Melody, thanks for being you!

Until next time,
Kay






No comments: