Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day 2015

First off, happy Father's Day to all those fathers who have been there for their children and helped raise them through all walks of life. You, fathers, are truly appreciated by those you have loved.

Now, I want to send a very special shout-out to the real MVP of fathers, mine! Unfortunately, I am not with you to take you on a Sunday drive with cheese danishes, your coffee, and my juice. But I didn't want you to forget how much you are loved and appreciated.

Daddy you have been there for me through everything I have gone through in life. I can never thank you enough. You struggled to finish college, work third shift, and raise three kids on your own; you made it through those rough days! You moved forward and made a life for us kids to work towards. No, you are not perfect. Everyone makes mistakes now and again. But you were exactly the father we needed.

You were there for me when I got my heart broken for the first time. You were there for homecoming and prom. High school graduation. Most of my dance recitals and choir concerts. You drove me to college tours and my college audition. You supported me in my big decisions I had to make: going to college ten hours away, not going to college ten hours away, postponing college for a year, moving out of your house, going to college only two hours away, moving to Pvegas for good, etc. You were there to hear me out and let me do what I had to do for myself. Thank you for that. You were there for me in the hardest times of my life too. You may not have always understood what was going on with Mom, but you had your days when you felt bad for us kids going through that. You were there for us when she passed away, and you have been there for us ever since. Thank you for that as well.

Not only were you there for support, you were there as an inspiration. You taught me what to and what not to do in life. You showed me the repercussions of making a bad decision or being selfish. You showed me the rewards of working hard and being honest. You showed me it was okay to go for whatever dream I had no matter what anyone else thought of it. You taught me it's okay to do what I want, as long as I'm happy with my life. Thank you.

Now that your three oldest kids are grown and out of the house, you have to trust you taught us all we need to know in order to survive on our own. Which, I think you have done. At least for me. I know that, because of you, I am going to find a job that makes me happy whether the pay is great or not. I know that, because of you, I will be able to support myself and be the best version of myself that I can be. I know that, because of you, I will have a home full of laughter. Thank you.

Daddy, you have been the best father a girl could have. I am by far a "Daddy's Girl" because of you. But you have raised me well enough to not depend on you too much. Thank you for all you have done to make my life easier through the hardships, and thank you for all you continue to do.

I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: