Friday, May 1, 2015

Dear Momma

Dear Momma,

Life is getting hard again. It's that time of year; last couple weeks of school and everything is due soon. Research papers, projects, portfolios, exams, etc. There's a lot on that "To-Do" list of mine. Yet, I have no motivation to get it all done. My cheerleader isn't here anymore.

Another round of firsts is coming. Your birthday is in two days, mother's day is next weekend. I'm moving in with my boyfriend, moving away from Dad's. I'm working a job that is finally relevant to my dreams. My writing and I won awards. I have two concerts coming up. You're still not here to be my number one fan again. 

I am left to only imagine what you would be saying to me in these situations. Imagining the advice you'd give me. I am left to deal with this grief through my writing. 

People say you're still here, but it doesn't feel like it. I want to believe you can read all of my poems and posts about you. They're for you. Inspired by you. 

I guess I'll never have an answer or response from you, but I'll keep writing for you. 

I love you Momma.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: