Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Nostalgia

As the end of the semester is approaching, I can't help but think of how old I am becoming. My life has flown on by, and I am remembering what it was like to be a child. So care free and innocent in the world. The harsh realities of my life were not apparent to me yet, and I miss that sometimes. So, I figured today's post would be a good time to share a short poem I wrote a while ago. It's not super great, but it fits my thought process this morning.


Nostalgia
How I miss the days when
fairytales were actually logical
Briar Rose and Cinderella were my idols
fireflies were a sense of freedom

How I miss the years when
days wouldn’t end until 
Daddy tucked me in
“house” was just a game, not a future

How I miss the times when
drama was being first in line
life was simple 

Until I grew up





Until next time,
Kay
 

No comments: