Thursday, October 23, 2014

T-Pain

A picture we took on our choir tour.
Today I want to tell you about a third best friend of mine, let's call her T-Pain. T-Pain is Jane's (see older post) roommate and one heck of a best friend. She is smart, talented, caring in her own way, and funny. I first met T-Pain in the office of our choir director before school started freshman year. Back then, I thought she was just another girl our director wanted in the Women's choir in addition to University Singers. Little did I know, she would turn out to be a lifetime friend. We officially met during Welcome Weekend freshman year (after seeing each other in the office), and we learned we lived in the same building. I started to hang out with her and some of her friends who also lived in the same building (those girls also turned out to be life long friends, who knew!).

As the year went on, T-Pain and I became closer because we had choir every other day together, and we had the same friend group. Now, I was having some rough times last year. There was one day in particular I came to choir crying, T-Pain saw me and followed me out to the hallway. See, there's something you should know about her, she's not a big emotional kind of person. She doesn't handle feelings well, she tries but it's just not who she is, and that's okay. When she came out into the hall way, she tried to make me feel better. She patted my back and didn't say anything. Which, in a way, helped more than a hug and words would have. She made me laugh by being awkward about it, and I will forever be grateful to her for that. That's how I knew she was going to be a life long friend. She attempted to make me feel better even though it was uncomfortable for her. Thanks T-Pain.

I have so much respect for T-Pain and how she carries herself. She's confident, well as confident as a college girl can be. She knows what she believes in and she sticks to it. She doesn't give in to peer pressure, which I give her props for. She knows what she wants to do with her life and has no intention of letting anything get in the way of that. Overall, I love T-Pain like a sister, and I couldn't be happier to have her as a best friend.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: