Friday, October 24, 2014

Get Away Weekend

Home sweet home, right? Being back home for the weekend, I have mixed feelings. I enjoy being here to see my family and old friends. However, I have so much else I should be doing back at school, and I prefer to be in my new hometown. 

Don't get me wrong, I like to see my family. It's weird to see how fast my little brothers are growing up. Dan (my baby brother, 1 1/2 years old) is starting to say more words like "car", "shirt", "uh-oh", etc. He even looks older! John (my little brother who just turned 6), is looking like a skyscraper for his age. He looks older, it's strange! I feel old seeing them grow up. I do like coming back to see them because I don't want them to forget about me.

However, I have a ton of things in Platteville I should be doing. Laundry, which I left behind (oops!), studying for my Psychology midterm, studying to raise my math grade a few letters, writing my literary analysis and an interview report, cleaning and organizing my room, and being around my new life and all it includes. I purposely left everything behind so I could relax and enjoy this weekend away. So far, I'm wishing I would've brought at least one subject of homework. Maybe then I'd feel better about not being productive for school.

Anyway, I have every intention of enjoying my weekend with family and friends. I could use the mental break for a few days. Have a great weekend!

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: