Thursday, September 4, 2014

Judgement Free Zone

Though they annoy me sometimes, my friends are the best. They know how to make me laugh, even when I don't want to. They also know how to listen when I truly need to vent. I know they are not everyone's favorite people, they're loud, obnoxious, and can come across as fairly rude. However, I know they are also caring, entertaining, and they always mean well.

My friends and I have one rule for our group. We can't judge each other. We live in the "Judgement free zone," and it works out perfectly. We don't judge each other for something that we may have done accidentally or for stuffing our faces with junk food all night. We just don't. We've all been in those shoes at some point and we understand that. We accept one another for who we are. We don't try changing our personalities, we don't change our styles or taste in music. We are who we are, and that is perfectly fine by us.

Living in the "Judgement free zone" has made me much happier in my own skin than I ever thought possible. I can be a complete girly girl if I feel like it, and the athletic-non-girly-girl-type friends of mine can accept it. I can be the quiet and shy part of myself and my louder friends don't judge me for it. I could choose to stay in on a night a couple of them are going out, and they won't call me lame (well they might, but they won't actually mean it). I can be crying from a heartbreak and my friend who isn't the greatest at comforting others will still try and be there for me by just listening. That says more to me than a pep talk ever would.

They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they're my favorite group of seven girls I have ever met. Thanks to college, I have met my life long friends. They mean the world to me, and I couldn't be happier to have these ladies in my life. They all know who they are.

I love you ladies!

Until next time,
Kay


No comments: