Thursday, September 18, 2014

New Friends

New friends are a blessing. They allow you to start completely new. You have a clean slate with someone you just met. That's the beauty of it; you get to choose what characteristics you share with this new friend. They won't know any different if you choose to leave out all the bad stuff you have gone through. They get to decide whether or not they like you as you are now, not based how you used to be.

Last night I made some new friends. Now, I have no idea how often I will see these people or if I'll ever see them again. I have no idea if I will remember all of their names, or if they will even recognize me walking around campus. However, it was great talking with people who don't know anything about me. I was able to be completely honest with them, and they understood with no judgement.

I know I can get that in the Judgement Free Zone with my best friends (see previous posts). I mean nothing against my girls, I love them to pieces. There is just something so relieving about talking to a brand new person. I can say whatever I want, I get to learn how they react to certain things, and I get to learn about their personality. The mystery of meeting a new person is what makes it so exciting to me.

Anyway, that's what is on my mind this morning. Have a great day!

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: