Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chivalry

Hopeless romantics are slowly fading away. The guys of today's generation don't bring roses, take a girl to a nice dinner, and bring blankets to lay under the stars all night just talking with her. However, there is always that one guy to prove me wrong. I found him.

Last night, he did those exact things! I went on a real date last night, and it was one of the best nights of my life. I am a sucker for romance, and this guy is the hopeless romantic type. It couldn't have gone any better. I won't go in to full detail mode, because that's not what I want to talk about this morning. I want to talk about the fact that chivalry is slowly but surely dying off.

Yes, I know it still exists; I witnessed it last night. However, it doesn't happen as often as it should anymore. Ladies of today's generation are not expecting as much from the guys anymore. They don't expect the guy to bring flowers or chocolates, they don't expect him to pay all the time, to hold doors, or take her on a real date. Why do we do this ladies? Why is it so wrong nowadays to expect to be treated this way? Granted, it may be excessive to expect this all the time, but expecting it once and a while isn't so bad. Is it?

Ladies, we lowered our expectations to dinner and just "hanging out" with a guy as a date. Dinner is a part of a real date, yes, but simply "hanging out" should not be.  That should be an every other normal day activity. Don't let yourself fall into the lowered expectations. Take control of how you are being treated, and you will eventually find the right guy. Now, I'm not saying become a controlling girl who tells him exactly what you want him to do. No, not at all. I'm saying when you first meet a guy who you are really in to, don't start spending 24/7 with him if he hasn't taken you out to actually get to know you. Dates don't always have to be elaborate romantic evenings, but there should be some time together in a public setting where you get to know one another.

Side note: In my opinion, it is not a date if the girl drives or pays, or both (unless you specified earlier that you want to take him out). I consider it a date when the guy drives and pays. I guess you could say I'm old fashioned in that way.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that us girls need to stop lowering our expectations for those guys who don't want to meet them. Don't settle for any less than you deserve. Find a guy who wants to take you out and show you off. Find that guy who makes you proud to be who you are; that guy who makes you feel like a princess.

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: