Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Drowning in Homework

There are nights like last night where I tend to question why I chose my major. I was drowning in homework from my classes. I sat at the library for 4 1/2 hours. 

Now, I know what you're going to say.
"That's college for ya!" Well, you know what? I'm going to complain a little bit. I'm allowed to. I am well aware that that is how college works, but that doesn't make it any easier or any less stressful.

I had readings upon readings, essay after  essay, and countless poems to critique. Now, I love to do all these things. However, I do not like to do an excessive amount at one time. It causes more stress than fun for me. On top of my homework for my English classes, I had a report to write for Psychology and a three page assignment for Math. Thankfully, I got it all done.

While I enjoy being busy, last night felt excessive. I know I will have many more nights like that one in my college career. I am fully prepared to tackle another long night of studying. It's just those nights when I ask myself, "Why do I enjoy this?" (Sarcastic tone of course).

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: