Monday, September 29, 2014

Shake It Off

This morning I am listening to one song but different versions of it, Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off." This song has become one of my absolute favorites lately. Now, I normally am not a big fan of T-Swift, but this song has got me starting to like her again. It's got such a catchy melody, and it really makes me want to dance. Shake if off is always playing on my Spotify or any car radio I happen to be around. I literally can't get enough of it!

Therefore, I find covers of this wonderful tune. My favorite is by the band I mentioned a week or two ago, Two Worlds. I may be a little bias towards their cover simply because I absolutely love these guys. However, it's still a fantastic cover and makes me love the song even more. I don't think it's possible to get "Shake If Off" out of my head. It's been playing on repeat in my mind for the last two weeks.

Aside from the music itself there are a couple reasons why I love this song. For example, one of the lines in the chorus is that "haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate.." and "...I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off." I love that she understands that there are people out there who just don't like her. They judge her on her decisions and her music without even knowing who she is as a real person. I won't deny it, I am one of those people. I always say "I don't like her, but I like her music," and I know I really shouldn't. I also know that she truly doesn't care what people think of her. She is going to do what makes her happy and she's going to enjoy every second of her life. I admire that T-Swift.

I love the overall message she is sending with this song. She is telling people to live their lives for themselves no matter what anyone else thinks. Be proud of who you are and own it. There needs to be more of that in this world. People, myself included, care too much about what other people are going to think. It doesn't matter. Do what you need to do in order to make yourself happy, and the people who judge you for it aren't important enough to have a say. The people who are important enough won't judge you. Simple as that.

Well, I'm off to class now. It is safe to assume I will be jamming out to Shake It Off on my way. Have a great Monday everyone!

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: