Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Two years of Love


What am I thinking of today? My man. Again, for the sake of confidentiality, let's call him Fred. Today, Fred is moving back to our college town and into his new house. Therefore, he is on my mind. I'm wishing him safe travels and not too much work that needs done when he gets there.

Let me tell you a little bit about my wonderful man. Fred and I met our freshman year in high school. We had science together; it took him a month or two to even say "hi" to me. However, he didn't even say "hi." When he first walked over to me, he said something along the lines of, "I see you're also wearing one of these bracelets" We both had a bracelet for a form of cancer. 

I responded, "Yeah, it's for my mom." This then sparked a conversation, because his was for his mom as well. As sad as the circumstances were for both of us back then, we probably never would have met or had anything to talk about if it weren't for our mothers. While I wish I would've gotten the honor of meeting his mother, I am forever grateful for what he and I had to go through, because God put this man in my life.

Now, unfortunately I did not quite see how wonderful he was back then. I thought he was a great friend and support system. I friend-zoned him all throughout high school while I was blinded by the wrong guy. However, by the time senior year rolled around, I came to my senses. That was the year Fred and I became much closer. We began passing notes in Physics, and texting almost 24/7. He became even better of a friend (as if that was possible), and I began the fall. 

It was the day before graduation and the end of finals, I was studying at the library for the hardest exam of my life. Physics. Fred came to help me study, because he's basically the smartest man I've met. While we were studying and passing notes (we were in the quite area), he had asked me in his own unique way to be his girlfriend. I had never felt happier than I did to be able to say "yes" to my best friend! 

We dated for about two months before we ended up telling anyone about us. We just weren't in a hurry, and it was our life, no one else's. 

By our third month, he was getting ready to move away to P-Vegas for his freshman year of college. I was taking the year off to work, save money, and figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Being two hours apart for seven months was hard, and brought out the worst times of our relationship. However, we worked through them, stayed faithful and committed to one another, and we made it work. Boy was it worth it! 

Once I figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and after a few visits to P-Vegas, I decided that was the perfect school for me to attend. Not only because Fred was there, but because it was a small enough school that I wasn't overwhelmed and big enough that I wouldn't know everyone. It was far enough away that I could have my own life, and it was close enough that I could go home if I needed to. Having Fred there was just a huge bonus.

My first year in P-Vegas was wonderful to  be near Fred. It definitely tugged on our relationship at times; being so close to each other. But, once again, we worked through it.

I continue falling for him every day. I couldn't be happier to have my best friend as my boyfriend. He is undeniably funny and always entertaining. If you need someone to out smart you in random facts trivia, he's your man. If you need a handy man to fix anything from your car to jewelry, he's your man. If you need the best Key Lime Pie you've ever eaten, call up Fred. Want a delicious steak dinner? Fred. Maybe you just want to relax and watch movies or play Mario Kart, he's the perfect person to relax with. You know what else I love about him? The way he interacts with his family. He may not like all of them, but he will still be respectful and try his best to be kind. He is loyal to his family; he knows family comes first. 

Now, I know he is not perfect. He is far from perfect, but so am I. He is the perfect man for me. He teaches me to become more patient, to roll with the punches, and much more. I have a long way to go before I am patient enough and flexible enough to not get angered as easily, but he sticks by me. 

I could go on forever about Fred. He makes me happy, he makes me feel loved, and he gives me hope for a bright future. Long story short, I love my man more than words. I am looking forward to another year in P-Vegas with my best friend, and another two happy years with him. 

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: