Monday, August 25, 2014

Time for a Change

Move in day is quickly approaching for us college students. With that coming up, I am forced to think about change. I need a change. Now, I'm not sure what kind of change I am looking for, but I know it has to be something big, new, and exciting. I am in need of something other than the usual. I am tired of answering the question "What's new" with "same old same old." It's getting old.

One way I am considering to find this big change I desire is to cut ties with the majority of my home town. I feel as if the things I keep wanting to experience here are holding me back from all the travels and new experiences I want and need in my life. Now, I don't mean completely cutting off my best friends from my home town; I mean the "friends" who only show up when they need something from me. I mean cutting ties from jobs, high school (more so than I already have), and all the little events I would have cared about if I still lived here full-time. By doing this, I will allow myself to fully indulge in my new life in P-Vegas, to enjoy the new people I am meeting without worrying about those from my past, and to move on and up in my life.

This bird is a perfect example of what I am doing and how I am feeling. Sitting, staring into space, contemplating life.
Hopefully, by cutting ties with my home town will help me to find the change I am needing. Who knows, maybe it's just the itch to move back to P-Vegas that is bugging me. I will only find out in three days when I move and am back in the full swing of college life.

This is kind of a short post, because I don't really know what it is I need. Once I figure it out, I will update you. Thanks for reading!

Until next time,
Kay

No comments: